Re: [Debconf-team] Artwork

Hi

I'm just trying to get that page structure as good as possible so that I can add the correct information to it.
I do understand that and you have done a great job!! my concern.... people will use that instead of what should be, and then you get the inconsistency that you were talking about, that to me, is confusing communication.

There's a huge amount of technical design work that you're not familiar with and it's not good that you do everything alone in isolation until a deadline and *then* once the deadline is here, want feedback.
By no means was that the case or has been for this, hence why we said we would chat on Sat and then on Tues to go over the style guide to make sure that nothing has been missed and for it to get formatted for easy access.
I have had a meeting with you and Raoul to get "team input" before we put anything out there as a first proposal for the website layout before it is put to the rest of the team to give input/proposals.
Added to Git - 2 weeks later still no comments from anyone. Other than you and Raoul.
I have also asked people what their comments are, and to help with direction re: look and feel, content etc on things: i.e. brochure, website and now the style guide, in some cases, I have had good input and at times no input.

DebConf and both you and Bernelle assured me that we'd do differently so that we don't end up with the same mess we had with the logo.
Has this not been the case?
A month ago it was decided to use the logo, I had put things on Git asking for people to put up suggestions (no response),  I did a mini Style guide for Raoul a month ago, which is on GIT ( no response from anyone, to date)
3 weeks ago I had confirmation that everyone was happy with colours etc. (only because the brochure was approved)
In that month it has been a busy time, and now after focusing on Brochures and Websites I am able to sit down and give it the attention it deserves with you and whoever else would like to give input, that time is on Tues.

Deadlines are set for a reason, and they seem to get pushed forward
every time someone panics instead of saying this is the deadline and you
can get the info on this date.
Talking in general, I do feel that needs to be managed better, but then again that is my background.

Having said that, I care about this and I don't want you to stress and I want to help you and make this go smoother, but that can't happen unless you let me help you.
More than happy for the help, appreciate it immensely! that is why I have been asking you for advice and input before I do things etc, hence  meeting tomorrow, so we can go through the Style guide and I can give you the work, that has been tweaked the way it should be, DebConf style.

Regards
Tammy