Re: [Debconf-team] Timeline: Registration, Content

Hi

On Sun, Oct 4, 2015 at 3:30 PM, martin f krafft <madduck@debconf.org> wrote:
> also sprach Bernelle Verster <bernellev@gmail.com> [2015-10-02 16:09 +0200]:
>> We need info on "speaking (topics, deadlines, type of talk) " now
>> already as sponsors may be interested in this too, and I'm guessing
>> it's not too different from previous years - who is generally in
>> charge of this? Can I start a draft for comment?
>
> Hi Bernelle,
>
> thanks for the initiative. The sooner we forge a common
> understanding of the general pre-conference timeline, the better for
> all involved. The release of the call-for-papers (CfP) will be an
> important step in that process, and we need not wait until the last
> moment to start working on it.
>
> Eric already pointed you to the content team, but this team is
> currently inactive. I encourage you to pull up the previous CfPs
> (and possibly also how some other conferences do it) and start on
> a draft.
>
> Once the content team has been re-formed, you can then let them take
> over (if you won't be part of the team anyway).

I only saw this mail now..

For (general) website content drafting, would it make sense to put it
on a wiki and then migrate that content to the website once we're
ready to load content up? Or is a titanpad good enough on a section by
section basis? Or how is this generally done?

For now I'm just fiddling on a titanpad [1] . Where is DC15's CfP?

I don't consider this too urgent, as the brochure had general enough
information that the sponsor requested (which is what prompted me to
ask about this). The first registration deadline is also an
'Expression of Interest' which may not explicitly require this yet...?

P.S. I got horribly distracted and started daydreaming about a how-to
comic strip with images of pollito submitting his talk.

[1] - https://debconf16-capetown.titanpad.com/9