Re: [Debconf-team] Budget PDF snapshots (was: DC15 conf dinner budget extension)

also sprach Giacomo Catenazzi <cate@cateee.net> [2015-05-07 22:30 +0200]:
> Your file is complex, and you use a lot of features.  We need the
> approved budget for many years in future (to compare and help
> doing next budgets).

Ideally, we find a way to import/reference previous budgets into
current budgets and juxtapose the numbers with ACTual expenditures.
That'll be a lot of work, but could be a fun exercise if the team
declared this viable and would be willing to work with the
rigour it would bring (which in the context of budgeting may be
considered a good thing).

> On travel I tried to open your file with other program (IIRC
> google calculator/spreadsheet, or maybe Apple’s number), and it
> gave me wrong numbers [I think not all formulas were calculated].

Right, that's possible. We are not talking about a standard here.
The formats might be, but not the formulae.

> So I have some doubts that in 5 year we can open that file in
> a simple way (and not only the most geek of bid teams)

Want to bet? ;)

> >  - the overview?
> >  - the detailed expense listing?
> >  - what else?
>
> Like the pdf draft you sent. so overview and basic assumptions, IIRC.

For DC15, I don't want to spend much more time on this. I'll export
full PDFs. But this is something to keep in mind for future budgets.

Could you please git-tag the budget as approved by Lucas, and the
version I committed today with the conf dinner extension (I don't
think I changed anything else in the base case)?

: :'  :  DebConf orga team
`. `'`
  `-  DebConf15: Heidelberg, Germany: http://debconf15.debconf.org
      DebConf16: Cape Town: https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf16