Re: [Debconf-team] DC15 conf dinner budget extension

Hello Neil and Martin,

The Chairs, after listening the opinions of the team and after a lot of
discussion, recommend the DPL to increase the DebConf budget by 4000 EUR
for the conference dinner. With the new income from fundraising, this
increase will not compromise a balanced budget. Saying that, until
better numbers (reconfirmation period or new commitment from sponsors)
we cannot release further funds to Daytrip, transportation for
conference dinner, or any other  expense which was not already allocated
in the approved budget.

We still think the conference dinner is very expensive, but we
acknoweledge that an outdoor conference dinner is a good addition to the
social part of DebConf. As we acknowledge the importance of it to the
local team. We trust Martin to negotiate and try his best to reduce the
real expenses, as he stated in the request mail.

We have a high participation rate this year, and we really enjoy it, but
this caused us many troubles and result in a very tight budget. The team
should continue to fundraise and to control expenses, in order to give
our contributors and attedees the best DebConf ever done.

cate,
On behalf of the DebConf Chairs