Re: [Debconf-team] CoC, "Be aware." section

On Wed, Apr 01, 2015 at 04:52:28AM -0400, Edgar Becerra wrote:

> I generally agree with the spirit and particulars of this discussion.
> I do not know if the changes to the Code have been made, but I noticed
> the part titled "What does that mean for me?". So now I list my
> grievances {-:

I went and reviewed the rest of the CoC, and I propose to replace the
whole "Be aware" section with the "Standards of respect" section from here:
https://wiki.debian.org/DebianWomen/Projects/MiniDebconf-Women/2014/InfoSheet

I'll quote it here, editing to fix the FIXME:

   Standards of respect

   DebConf is committed to a safe environment for all participants. All
   attendees are expected to treat all people and facilities with
   respect and help create a welcoming environment. If you notice
   behavior that fails to meet this standard, please speak up and help
   keep DebConf as respectful as we expect it to be.

   If you are harassed and requests to stop are not successful, or
   notice a disrespectful environment, the organizers want to help:
   please contact Front Desk. We will treat your request with dignity
   and confidentiality, investigate, and take whatever actions
   appropriate. We can provide information on security, emergency
   services, transportation, alternative accommodations, or whatever
   else may be necessary. If mediation is not successful, DebConf
   reserves the right to to take action against those who do not cease
   unacceptable behavior.

I would also put this section /below/ the "What does that mean for me?"
one, because I see it addressing the "what if everyone's best effort is
not enough?" case, and so it should go after the bit that suggest what
everyone's best effort should be.

Enrico

--
GPG key: 4096R/E7AD5568 2009-05-08 Enrico Zini <enrico@enricozini.org>