Re: [Debconf-team] Helping the budget get approved

Hi,

On Sat, Mar 21, 2015 at 10:44:37AM +0100, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:

> At this point, I think that the question I am (as DPL) being asked, is
> whether we all can go forward given the current status and those
> projections, and deal with the possible fallouts together (which means
> that, if something fails very badly, we are fine with using Debian funds
> to cover for it).
>
> I think that the answer to that is "yes, we want to take this risk"
> (which this year, isn't that huge). However, before I commit to that
> answer, I still would like DebConf chairs to state whether they are fine
> with the current budget, i.e., whether all income and expenses are
> included and at a reasonable level according to their DebConf
> experience.

In general terms the Chairs are fine with the budget, we acknowledge that all
incomes and expenses are included and at a reasonable level.

We agree with the amount of funds reserved to bursaries at this point.
Considering the importance of bursaries for the success of DebConf, we are glad
to see that we are able to reserve a good sum of funds to it, thanks to the
good work of the Fundraising team.

Regarding the conference dinner, we acknowledge the team's efforts to
lower its price although we still believe the final sum is high. If the team is
100% sure that there is no cancelation fee, we think that the contract can be
signed. However, in the case of further needs from bursaries, the contract
should be reduced/cancelled or more funds need to be raised.

We understand that minor expenses already on the budget can be made/approved
directly by team leads. Anything of a greater importance, or that was included
in this budget just as a rough estimative, should still be submitted to
dc-team.

Thanks to everyone who was somehow involved in this process.

Tassia,
On behalf of the DebConf Chairs.