Re: [Debconf-team] DC15 Budget discussion - Review now - Meeting on Thursday, March 12th - 19:30 UTC

also sprach Michael Banck <mbanck@debian.org> [2015-03-10 08:52 +0100]:
> 2. Did the video team state from where the equipment needs to be
> transported from?  This was a big issue for the past years and caused
> major fluctuation in the video-team's part of the budget.  For DC13,
> transportation was from Paris IIRC, will this be the same again for
> DC15?  In that case, the video-team budget might be set too high?

> That's also why I asked if we could change the budget later. If it's
> possible to claim a bit more and then give it back once we know what
> to do, that would help...

Nobody will force you to spend all your budget. As Michael said,
7.5k just for transport and incidentals already seems like a lot,
but I have no idea what needs to be bought. As I said before,
equipment purchases should probably be depreciated over years, and
might need DPL involvement at this stage. OTOH, such equipment can
be rented in every city of this planet.

Asking for more funds means we need to cut somewhere else or take in
more money. So please be reasonable about it.

: :'  :  DebConf orga team
`. `'`
  `-  DebConf15: Heidelberg, Germany: http://debconf15.debconf.org
      DebConf16: Cape Town: https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf16