Re: [Debconf-team] RfC: current list of proposed topics/tracks

Hi,

On Mon, Mar 09, 2015 at 10:34:33AM -0700, Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:
> On Sun 2015-03-08 17:15:58 -0700, Michael Banck wrote:
>
> > We will send out the CfP on Tuesday, so I thought I'd run the current
> > list of proposed topics/tracks by this list to get any final feedback.
> > Please note the list is already quite long right now, so if we add more
> > than 1-2 tracks we should probably remove some as well.
> >
> > Anyway, here goes:
> >
> >  * Debian Packaging, Policy, and Infrastructure
> >  * Security, Safety, and Hacking
> >  * Debian System Administration, Automation, and Orchestration
> >  * Containers and Cloud Computing with Debian
> >  * Debian Success Stories
> >  * Debian in the Social, Ethical, Legal, and Political Context
> >  * Blends, Subprojects, Derivatives, and Projects using Debian
> >  * Embedded Debian and Hardware-Level Systems
> >
> > Any comments on the titles, scope, usefulness etc.?
>
> I've been talking with several upstreams of GnuPG and related projects
> recently, several of whom are located in Germany.

Great!

> There's some interest in trying to get people together in debconf to
> think about GnuPG's better integration in the overall ecosystem and
> how to improve the situation; i don't know if this fits into the
> "security, safety, and hacking" track, or if it might be a separate
> track, or just a collection of linked events.

My immediate reaction would be that (i) it would fit into "Security,
Safety, and Hacking" (and if you think it might not, then maybe we
should add "Crypto" or "Cryptography" to the track title?), and (ii) you
should consider having a DebCamp sprint about this for hacking (and not
just presenting).

Whether or not we can/will accept a larger amount of GnuPG (but not
necessarily Debian) related talks will be up to the content team as a
whole.

But also be aware that same as last year, ad-hoc sessions will be
possible.

Michael