Re: [Debconf-team] DC15 Budget discussion - Review now - Meeting on Thursday, March 12th - 19:30 UTC

also sprach Martín Ferrari <tincho@debian.org> [2015-03-02 23:00 +0100]:
> To all team leads: please, ensure you have your team's needs addressed
> in the budget, and to have somebody present in the meeting.

Well, I believe most should be included, but it's good to check.
Ideally, you could sit down for 20 minutes and think about what you
need, then list it up and spend another half hour doing some initial
price research.

E.g. for front desk (sorry nattie for "using" that as an example),
this might be:

   100,00  400 badge holders @ 0.25¢ (http://example.org/product?id=123)
   200,00  laminator (http://ebay.de/itm…;)
    25,00  cash box
    …

Ideally, you could send this to me by Sunday afternoon. The reason
is that the only real time I have next week for this is Sunday and
Tuesday evenings, and I want to have enough time to be able to ask
questions if needed.

Obviously, anyone who wanted to help, just speak up. Please don't
get the impression that I /want/ to be doing the budget or that I am
after the final say. I've tried twice before to engage the team in
budget talks, all the better if it works now.

Also, regarding long-term investments, such as cameras and what-not,
i.e. stuff that a proper book-keeper would "write off over the
years", I suggest we find a way to solve this outside the yearly
budget of DebConf for now, i.e. with an investment plan based on
Debian funds. I'd be happy to help.

Cheers,

--
 .''`.   martin f. krafft <madduck@d.o> @martinkrafft
: :'  :  proud Debian developer

"if one cannot enjoy reading a book over and over again,
 there is no use in reading it at all."
                                                        -- oscar wilde