Re: [Debconf-team] Voluntary conference contributions for pro/corp attendees

So, after a LOT of running around in circles, discussing the past, the
present and the future, I think we've come to a final agreement on
what we should do. This was the only missing piece to open
registration, which we plan to do tomorrow (Monday, March 2nd).
Before objecting, please keep in mind that most of this was already
discussed and agreed back in
http://meetbot.debian.net/debconf-team/2015/debconf-team.2015-01-19-19.59.html,
this is just the finalizing of the discussions.

We will invoice Prof/Corp attendees, with VAT included on these
invoices, while at the same time giving them a number of incentives in
order to get people to register in the right category, and showing
that we appreciate them doing so.  Doing this we are minimizing the
risk of future penalties for not using the right VAT and at the same
time (hopefully) getting more people to sign up to the right
categories.

The incentives are:
 * A webpage listing, equivalent to
http://debconf8.debconf.org/corporate.xhtml.en (Corporates get logo
and link, Professionals get link only)
 * A debian branded gift, which will not be exclusive: we'll also have
it for sale. We haven't decided on the exact gift yet, possibly a beer
"stein" or similar, nothing too expensive.
 * An exclusive attendance certificate, which will be similar to the
normal attendance certificate, but including that they attended in
professional or corporate capacity.
 * Priority for room allocation preference, which means that their
preferences will be taken into account first, not that they will get a
specific type of room (as we don't yet know how many people we will
have registering for any category).

These shall be the options for summit:
   Register as:
      ( ) private participant (free)
      ( ) professional participant (200 € incl. 19% VAT)
      ( ) corporate representative (500 € incl. 19% VAT)

And this is the explanation text:
"If you attend DebConf in a professional capacity, please register as
a professional participant. If you're joining as a representative of
your company, please register as a corporate participant.
The attendance fees help make DebConf possible. To recognise your
contribution, we would like to add you to a public webpage listing
with your name and a link, as well as a small logo of your company for
corporate attendees. Furthermore, we'll include a Debian-branded gift
in your conference bag, give you priority when allocating rooms and
provide you with an exclusive certificate of attendance."

Independently, we would like to have a field allowing people to enter
free-form donations, e.g.

Donation:

"Your donation enables more people to attend who could otherwise not afford it.
Donation receipts are available upon request."

--
Besos,
Marga