Re: [Debconf-team] DC16 - Question to Cape Town: Supermarket(s) near Upper Campus

Hi Margarita (2015.01.24_18:17:34_+0200)
> Regarding the Upper Campus venue, the wiki says "15 minutes walk to
> closest off-campus restaurant", but I can't find anything regarding
> supermarkets.

This is documented on the venue-specific page
https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf16/Bids/Cape_Town/Venues/UCT_ChemEng#How_far_is_it_to_the_nearest_convenience_stores_.2F_all-night_restaurants.3F

> Could you state how far or how close the closest supermarket is? Also,
> are those 15 minutes enough to reach a bunch of restaurants, or just
> one?

There are several restaurants and bars clustered around the shopping
centres. There's a wide variety of food, mostly cheap, open late, and
catering to students. The one exception is the Hussars Grill - a fancier
steak house.

SR

--
Stefano Rivera