Re: [Debconf-team] Proposal for bits.debian.org about sponsors for DC15

Hi

On 8 de noviembre de 2014 20:33:33 GMT+01:00, Ana Guerrero Lopez <ana@debian.org> wrote:
>On Sat, Nov 08, 2014 at 01:34:29PM +0100, Laura Arjona Reina wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> On 8 de noviembre de 2014 07:48:10 GMT+01:00, martin f krafft
><madduck@debconf.org> wrote:
>> >also sprach Laura Arjona Reina <larjona@larjona.net> [2014-11-07
>15:14
>> >+0100]:
>> >
>> >Great. Let's get this reviewed and push it out on Monday morning
>> >— before we get the next two or more sponsors already in the queue.
>> >
>> >Can you handle this this weekend?
>> >

>> My only time slot probably is Sunday morning, 9 - 11:00 UTC.
>> I'll use that time to send the text or patch or whatever to Ana +
>publicity. If you have reviews/changes, please do them before Sunday.
>
>Hi Laura,
>
>I had a quick chat with madduck today in #-publicity when he asked
>feedback
>about publishing this tomorrow Sunday or Monday. I'm fine with
>publishing
>on Monday, but there a couple of points I consider important:
>
>Sunday is the worst possible day to publish something because more
>people away
>from Internet and in Monday they read everything quickly. Also, Tuesday
>is a
>holiday in some countries (e.g. USA, Belgium, France) so if we do it on
>Thursday we will have a more wider network effect.
>
>If you want to publish another post in the future thanking future
>sponsors,
>it will be in at least in a couple of months, so it's probably a good
>idea update the post with all the last minute sponsors or it will take
>some time until you thank them.

I agree with Ana.

I think we can wait and publish on Thursday if the new sponsors are confirmed before Thursday early morning.
If not, then wait one more week until Tuesday 25th.

Sorry I'm not hanging on IRC these days, but I'm reachable by mail.

Regards
Laura Arjona