Re: [Debconf-team] A proposal about scheduling for DC14

On Sun, May 25, 2014 at 12:22:56PM +0200, Didier 'OdyX' Raboud wrote:
> Le samedi, 24 mai 2014, 18.22:51 Steve Langasek a écrit :
> > If the only way they're interested in coming to DebConf is to have a
> > week's vacation at Debian's expense, then I don't see a problem here.

> Given that not everyone can work on Debian during work-time, I do rather
> consider it a feature that Debian supports undisturbed collaborative
> work.

Debian is doing that this time as well.  It's called a "sprint", and the
call for registration for DC14 included explicit pointers to information on
how to do one.

If someone can't be bothered to apply for a sprint, or can't actually make a
case that the work they're doing in some way benefits from working
collaboratively with other DDs in person (which was what people were
*supposed* to do for DebCamp, several years ago, before the DebConf team
decided they weren't any good at making the "work plan" rule stick and
stopped enforcing it), then yes, they're not being accountable to the
project for their time spent at DebCamp, and we're not being accountable to
our sponsors for the spending of their donations by letting them come.