[Debconf-team] Chairs nominations & feedback on possible chairs

Hi,

As you know, both Holger and Gunnar stepped down from their role as
DebConf chairs. I would like to warmly thank them both for their
contributions to DebConf organization, and I hope to see them around,
maybe a bit more relaxed, at DC14!

There's also an ongoing discussion on DebConf governance, and the role
of the chairs. While of course the DPL gets to write the delegation's
content, I would like to avoid focusing too much on that for now. There
might be some things to change in the role of the chairs, but I believe
that the exact balance and sharing of roles should be found by adjusting
to the organizing team of each DebConf edition, possibly building a
larger framework.

So:

1) As I already did in <[🔎] 20140426191421.GB19853@xanadu.blop.info>, I'd
like to issue a call for nominations for chairs. If you feel that
someone (including yourself, possibly) would be a suitable DebConf
chair, please send me a private mail.

2) One important criterion for the selection of a DebConf chair is that
DebConf organizers, including the local team, should be comfortable
working with him/her. I don't want to do a public review of all possible
candidates, but I'd like to offer each team (DC14 and DC15) the
opportunity to name up to 2 people that will be able to give their
feedback on the list of possible candidates.

I'd like to move quickly on that, so the deadline for both (1) and (2)
is 2014-04-30.

On the separation between chairs and organizers:
Chairs are obviously people who care deeply about DebConf, so it would
not be surprising for them to be involved in DebConf organization in
addition to their chairs role. However, both to provide "separation of
powers", and to avoid putting too much burden on the same shoulders, I
think that we should avoid having people who have central roles in
DebConf organization be chairs at the same time.

Thanks,

Lucas