Re: [Debconf-team] DebConf 15 Legal Entity

also sprach Margarita Manterola <margamanterola@gmail.com> [2014-04-13 22:10 +0200]:
> A draft of the current foundational document of the association
> ("bylaws") is in git (debconf-data/dc15/verein/Vereinssatzung.tex)
> [in German :-/, since it's required for a German legal entity]. If
> you understand German and German law, you are welcome to review it
> and raise any concerns that you might have.

Following Marga's call, there've been a lot of helpful suggestions.
We've tried to incorporate all concerns, especially those raised by
Andi, and had several additional pairs of eyes reading this over.
There's a latexdiff attached…

After today's meeting with the lawyer (Dr. Michael Stehmann, who is
doing this for us for free! Thanks!), I've made a last couple of
touch-ups and the attached PDF is pretty much ready to go for
pre-checks with the financial authorities. Not sure we'll get any
feedback in time for the meeting Heidelberg, but it's worth a try,
and sending it to them at this stage means expedited handling later.

Comments still welcome, of course. Nothing's set in stone yet.

And yes, it's in German; sorry about that. But you all know how
a non-profit association works, so if you need us to clarify
anything (e.g. "how is the board elected?"), please ask. We've
applied common sense and made our assumptions in accordance with
Debian spirits, and we've had people with experience and a lawyer
make sure this squares with German law, so we're pretty confident
that the result is workable.

--
 .''`.   martin f. krafft <madduck@debconf.org>
: :'  :  DebConf orga team