Re: [Debconf-team] Updated budget for DC14

also sprach Lucas Nussbaum <leader@debian.org> [2014-03-28 00:23 +0100]:
> Yes. I wonder about the respective merits of the daytrip vs the
> conference dinner too. But I'll leave that up to you (the DebConf
> team).

The conference dinner is one thing, but the day trip is IMHO
a really important aspect of the conference, at least if our goal is
(includes) to enhance personal relationships and get people to know
each other better.

Without taking any position in the recent debate over the use of
Debian money to sponsor DebConf, I would even go as far as saying
that Debian should always make sure there's a day trip.

--
 .''`.   martin f. krafft <madduck@debconf.org>
: :'  :  DebConf orga team

when everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.