Re: [Debconf-team] Note about sponsorship deadlines.

also sprach Brian Gupta <brian.gupta@brandorr.com> [2014-03-17 16:09 +0100]:
> I'm thinking that going forward we need to schedule to have our
> biggest fundraising push in Sept-Nov of the year prior, and that
> winning bid teams must be made aware that they need to identify enough
> team members, prior to this window, to get them up to speed and make
> this happen. (Time to start thinking now.)

Yes, this is how we plan to approach it for DC15. Alongside, there
are two things I would like to see changed for future DebConfs:

  1. I would like to encourage the local team and the DC+1 team to
     stick around post DC for 2 days or so and finish the bloody
     final report while it's hot. The meeting could also be used to
     pass on lessons learnt. Post-DC14, I will take the local team
     and all DC15 team members present out to dinner once the final
     report is (mostly) finished.

  2. We really ought to work hard toward deciding on travel
     sponsorship for DC15 in 2014! This will allow people to book
     their flights early, which will mean cheaper prices and more
     people sponsored for less money.

--
 .''`.   martin f. krafft <madduck@debconf.org>
: :'  :  DebConf orga team

"the duration of passion is proportionate
 with the original resistance of the woman."
                                                   -- honoré de balzac