Re: [Debconf-team] DC13 team needs some help finalizing the thank you ad for sponsors..

Hi Matto

Matto Marjanovic <maddog@mir.com> writes:

> On 12/29/13 08:03, Gaudenz Steinlin wrote:
>> Matto Marjanovic <maddog@mir.com> writes:
>>> Finally, a follow-up:  I've just committed a revised version of
>>> the half-page "Thank You" ad (slated to appear in Linux Magazine).
>> This one looks much better than what we had before. Thanks again for
>> working on this. I however still think it's too dense. I would remove
>> the section in the middle with all the links I don't think these are
>> particularly usefull. If someone want's to find the website of one of
>> space you could hilight the debconf13 website a bit more. From there on
>
> Another revision committed... heh, now that I look at them side-by-side
> again, and read your email, this version is no less dense than the previous
> one.  But, I think it is easier on the eyes nonetheless.
>
> https://alioth.debian.org/scm/viewvc.php/*checkout*/dc13/artwork/LinuxMagazineAd/Ad_half.png?revision=4388&root=debconf-data
>
>> The other thing I'm not sure about is if it's really a good thing to use
>> the DebConf13 logo font for a whole sentence like "The Debian Project
>> would ...". I'd prefer a more neutral font. But as this is mostly a
>
> Yeah, that font was a little too much.

Thanks for your tireless work on this. This version looks a lot better
IMHO. I think it's now good and should go to print. Also as this has
already taken too long we should not do any further nitpicking. But of
course if someone sees an error or is really unhappy with the ad, please
speak up now.

What are the next steps? Can you produce a PDF for print in the right
format?

Gaudenz