Re: [Debconf-team] Overcommitting travel sponsorship (was: Rough timeline idea for DC15 and the CfP)

On Thu, Dec 4, 2014 at 6:54 AM, martin f krafft <madduck@debconf.org> wrote:
> also sprach Giacomo Catenazzi <cate@debian.org> [2014-12-04 11:49 +0100]:
>> BTW we need also to discuss if we should (and how much)
>> over-commit sponsorships (anticipating the missed reconfirmation).
>> Some discussion already started last year.
>
> I'd say this should be decided by the bursaries team, possibly with
> budgeting. Does this need to be discussed in a wider group?

I think, that at least in recent history, it's proven that the
bursaries allocation hasn't been fully utilized, so I personally feel
that it would be appropriate to conservatively explore overcommitment
of our bursaries budget.

The next action items would be to come up with a conservative %
estimate for overcommitment, so that we can be sure budget won't be
killed. Also, we'd want to get sign off from chairs@ (who would work
with leader@ to give debconf insurance in the unlikely event that we
aren't conservative enough in our overcommitment.)

-Brian