Re: [Debconf-team] MiniConf and mini-debconf

Hi Martin,

On Wed, 2014-10-22 at 14:06 +0200, martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach Andrew Ruthven <andrew@etc.gen.nz> [2014-10-22 12:26 +0200]:
> > In addition to this, there is some strong interest from the NZ/AU
> > Debian community to hold a mini-debconf the weekend before Linux
> > Australia in Auckland. This would be more focused towards Debian
> > Developers, where the miniconf would have a much broader focus.
> >
> > Are we able to have domain under mini.debconf.org to host
> > information about both of these events?
>
> The last time LCA was in NZ, Fabio and I organised the Debian
> Miniconf: miniconf10.debconf.org.

Excellent. It looks like in the past the miniconf numbering was
sequential, but miniconf10 was based on the year. Any preferences for
how we refer to the miniconf next year?  Given miniconf10, I'm leaning
towards miniconf15.

> So, while I cannot give you an authoritative answer (and I am not
> sure this was ever required in the past), I'd be surprised if this
> weren't a no-brainer.

Cool. I couldn't see anything about a process for this...

> *A lot* of us (30?) discussed this idea already at LCA earlier this
> year and it's great that you are pushing this forward. Thank you for
> that.
>
> Wouldn't it be possible to make this a single event, if the miniconf
> were scheduled on Monday?

Yes, making it one event, with a day of more general talks on the Monday
would be ideal. What we'd been thinking of for a schedule is something
like:

Saturday: Talks focused towards people involved with Debian
Sunday: BSP
Monday: General talks during LCA Miniconf

Thoughts?

Cheers,
Andrew