Re: [Debconf-team] Report from the talks team

On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 11:13:30AM +0200, martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach Ana Guerrero Lopez <ana@debian.org> [2014-09-16 22:19 +0200]:
> For bursaries, we had a simple interface allowing us to vote on each
> participant with between -3 and +3 points. This would be trivial to
> do for events too, I guess.
>
> The actual scheduling would be best done with drag-n-drop, I feel,
> but someone will need to implement this on top of Summit. No idea
> how hard this is going to be, but it doesn't sound easy.

Summit has a javascript drag-n-drop thing[0].
/<summit>/<date>/display?edit is available to those with scheduler
permissions. It is a one-day-at-a-time scheduling interface. I played
with it briefly and found it buggy and glitchy in my local summit
instance. I don't know if anyone tried it on the live site. If that kind
of thing is wanted, it already exists. Might just need some small(?)
tweaking.

Personally, I would find it cumbersome even if it can be made to work
properly. But, I am not a scheduler and generally avoid mice as much as
I can, so maybe it would be fine for those doing this work.

-edrz

[0] In debconf-data/summit.git on alioth:
json:       summit/schedule/render.py    js_data()
template:   summit/schedule/templates/schedule/schedule.html
javascript: summit/media/schedule/schedule.js
            summit/media/ajax.js