Re: [Debconf-team] [Debconf-sponsors-team] DebConf15 sponsorship kick-off IRC meeting Monday, September 14, 18:30 UTC, #debconf15-germany

martin f krafft <madduck@debian.org> writes:

> also sprach Brian Gupta <brian.gupta@brandorr.com> [2014-09-12 06:05 +0200]:
>> 1) Sponsorship seeking is generally considered sensitive
>>    discussions, such that we don't discuss potential sponsors
>>    names in public channels, including IRC and email. For these
>>    purposes there are both private email and IRC channels
>>    dedicated to sponsorship work.
>
> Sure thing and this makes sense. We weren't planning to discuss
> specifics. Instead, we are planning to get the team started.
>
> However, given that sponsorship team meetings were on Wednesdays in
> the past, and we've received feedback that some won't be able to
> make the proposed time on Monday, we'll likely reschedule. I am
> currently reaching out to people.

Why are you reaching out to people in private instead of just issueing a
call on the debconf-team list? I don't think that organization of the
sponsors-team (opposed to individual sponsor negotiations) needs any
privacy. It's fine to also CC individuals you want to invite
specifically and who might not read the list or not pay close attention
to it, but the call itself sould be on a public list IMO.

Gaudenz