Re: [Debconf-team] Separating Speakers and hiding Participants/Attendees in Summit

On Fri, Aug 29, 2014 at 11:30 PM, Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 28, 2014 at 09:55:15PM -0400, Eric Dantan Rzewnicki wrote:
>> There are some views that list Participants (sometime as Attendees) that
>> I don't think we should change, or am uncertain about changing.
>
>> These three I request guidance on:
>
>> *virtual_meeting.html:
>>     Will debconf ever be virtual?
>
> Unlikely, and not worth doing extra work now to support.
>
>> *by_participant.html:
>>     attendee's own schedule, aka "My Schedule". Should an attendee be
>>     able to see who else wants to attend meetings he/she intends to attend?
>
> Should not be able to, no.

May I ask why not? Perhaps I am missing something, but if this view is
limited to DebConf attendees, what is the harm? WHile admittedly for many
people, who make impromptu decisions this data won't be in summit, I think it
probably has some social value to know in advance who else is attending.
(Perhaps make this an opt out?)