[Debconf-team] renting extra room for ad-hoc talks.

Hi everybody,

The venue has some small rooms we are not renting and our budget is looking
healthy, so we can discuss the possibility of renting an extra small room
(10-20 seats) for ad-hoc events some of the days.

Currently the only time available for ad-hoc talks is:

- After dinner, from 20:00 to 22:00, our three talks room, during the days
August 24-26 and 28-30. (A total of 6 days)
- The afternoon of August 25 from 13:30 to 18:00 (the three talks room)
- The morning of August 28 from 10:00 to 12:00 (the three talks room)

It's worth nothing that there is a park next to the venue, there's the
balcony, there are classrooms in the dorms (that serve also as night
hacklabs) and there is also the lounge area. Besides the two hacklabs,
of course.
It's also true all some of those spaces are public and also noisy,
so having a meeting room is nice.

The small rooms cost 240USD/day to rent.

Do you think we need more ad-hoc space? Do you think renting this room for
a few days will contribute to a better debconf? If you think we should
rent it, how many days?

Ana

PS: this email is not for or against the proposal. I don't have a strong
opinion for or against.