[Debconf-team] available switches? (was Re: confirmation of room changes; details on talk room capacities)

On Thu, Aug 07, 2014 at 07:57:39AM -0700, Kees Cook wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 06, 2014 at 07:37:35PM -0400, Carl Karsten wrote:
> > On Tue, Aug 5, 2014 at 1:39 PM, Kees Cook <kees@debian.org> wrote:
> > > On Sat, Aug 02, 2014 at 02:19:37PM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> > Not a show stopper regarding video,
> >
> > each room needs 2mb to the Net for the live stream
> > each room needs 30mb from talk room to NOC file server to keep the raw
> > files nice and save and available, but a simple usb2 drive can sneaker-net
> > the data around if needed.
>
> Okay, perfect. So we have some flexibility, even if sub-optimal, here.

Related to this, I was asked to find out how many and what kinds of
switches are available for videoteam use.

Also, videoteam will need a file server located in the NOC for storing
the video files. Videoteam will need 2TB of RAID and a spare disk for
backups. afaik, there is not currently a machine or drives available for
this. Is there any chance one can be borrowed or put together locally?

Installation and configuration of such a machine would be handled by
videoteam. Assembly too, if need be.

-edrz