Re: [Debconf-team] Final schedule structure - review

Hi,

On 09/07/14 22:26, Ana Guerrero Lopez wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 02, 2014 at 10:06:51AM +0000, René Mayorga wrote:
>> [2] http://people.debian.org/~rmayorga/schedule-dc14.png

> If you look at the above image, you'll see we can schedule 55
> "official" talks and 26 "ad-hoc" talks.

I would also like to say that I am worried about the amount of talks we
would need to reject, plus the lack of slots for organic meetings/talks
that are an integral part of DebConf.

After a few years of not having enough talks to select from (and then
having a conference packed with talks and events, because people start
having great ideas on the spot), this year we face the situation where
we have a smaller amount of talk slots and more talk submissions than usual.

I think we need to somehow expand the number of slots for scheduled
talks, while leaving time and space for ad-hoc talks..

> a) Reassign some "ad-hoc" space to "official" talks. The result
> is almost the same because some rejected talks would be scheduled
> as a ad-hoc, it'd demotivate speakers and  we'd end with virtually
> no ad-hoc space.
>
> b) add some more talk time on Saturdays and Sunday Mornings
>
> c) add more talks on Monday 25
>
> d) add more talks on Thursday 28
>
> e) add talks some days after lunch. (5 days max)

I don't know what is the best solution, specially taking into account
that the DC14 team wants a different flavour of DebConf for this year.
But all these sound sensible to me.

I would also propose either adding a room (is that even possible at this
time?), and/or pushing dinner 1:30 h later, to accomodate for one more
talks slot per day. But again, I don't know if this is possible.

OTOH, I am not too sure of the idea of putting talks after dinner, I
think people may want to unwind after that.

--
Martín Ferrari (Tincho)

--
Martín Ferrari (Tincho)