Re: [Debconf-team] DebConf14 Cheese and Wine party venue

Gerald Turner dijo [Thu, Jul 03, 2014 at 03:30:29PM -0700]:
> Team, what do we do about this new requirement from Puppet Labs?
>
> Christy Snow <christy.snow@puppetlabs.com> writes:
> > One thing that I don't think that has been mentioned, for all events
> > we have at the office we require a registration list.  This helps us
> > plan for exactly how many will be attending and our chance to present
> > our Events Code of Conduct.  We usually create a simple Eventbrite
> > that we can send to attendees (doesn't take more than 3 minutes to
> > fill out).
> >
> > Do you see any issues with this?  If not, I can have one created next
> > week and share the link with you to include in any communications or
> > putting the link on the website.
>
> Since reconfirmation has already started, I'm guessing it's too late to
> add a "Will be attending C&W party" checkbox to summit :(

Sorry for the delay in replying, I am currently on-[VAC] and seldom
connected.

If Puppet Labs require us to give a list of attendees, I think we can
rpovide it - But conditioning it to them stating they will not use it
for other than to keep track of who enters their premises (i.e. no
spam, no data gathering/keeping). Eventbrite does not strike me as
very friendly for us in this regard.

Now, I would give just a full dump of attendees. For every attendee,
we expect with >90% certianty them to be there. If not for the cheese
and wine, for the social part. and some do miss out, but it's by far
not the common case — And people sometimes decide not joining just
minutes before.

So, in short: Ask them what data they want, and what do they want to
do with it. Ask them if we can provide it in a non-EventBrite way.