Re: [Debconf-team] Possible talks slots with the chosen schedule

On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 04:51:39PM +0200, martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach Ana Guerrero Lopez <ana@debian.org> [2014-06-25 16:23 +0200]:
> > Based on the schedule accepted in yesterday's meeting [0].
> > I have done a rought allocation of slots to see how much talks
> > we can allocate.
>
> Hey Ana,
>
> having volunteered to do this yesterday, I also came up with my own
> plan, which is almost identical to what you came up with, except
> that it takes into account the modified meal times on weekends:
>
>   http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=debconf-data/dc14.git;a=blob;f=time_slots.odt;hb=HEAD
>
> Depending on the decision regarding talks before brunch, there are
> 34 or 36 slots for regular talks. Those should include the lightning
> talks, DC15 presentation and DC16 ideas, unless people want them
> folded into the closing ceremony, which I don't think is a good
> idea.
>
> I consider my work on this done, so if you want to take over and
> make changes, go for it.

I don't think we have done the same work. This was a 10m rought calculation
to know how much talk space we'll have, you have worked mostly in the timetable
side.

I have not idea what you mean with 34-36 slots. We have way more talk slots
than that, keeping in mind that sometimes we'll use only one room
and sometimes three rooms!