Re: [Debconf-team] DebConf14 DayTrip

Patty Langasek <harmoney@dodds.net> writes:
> My plan for the daytrip is to bus everyone out to the Columbia River
> Gorge[0], have a picnic lunch at Rooster Rock State Park[1] and view Vista
> House [2] and Multnomah Falls [3] as the highlights of site-seeing.

This sounds like a great day trip with great bang-for-buck in terms of
allowing a lot of people to experience some of what is fantastic about
our area.

> For the more adventurous, I'm working on convincing one of our friends out
> here to lead a moderate few hour hike (or 2) through the gorge. Soon, I'll
> have a wiki page up for people to give me feedback so I can try to guess how
> many people are interested in what kind of things.

This also sounds like a great idea. Something like Punchbowl Falls might
fit the bill well, (and affords a sub-group going on a longer hike such
as to Tunnel Falls).

I'd be personally interested in participating in all of the above, and
will be happy to talk (assuming I actually remember to make it to some
of upcoming meetings---sorry!) to see how I might be able to help with
any of the planning.

-Carl