Re: [Debconf-team] SSO problems?

On Mon, May 05, 2014 at 03:30:55PM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
>On Mon, May 05, 2014 at 10:19:11PM +0100, Steve McIntyre wrote:
>> I've tried to log in a couple of times using my SSO password, now I'm
>> getting this:
>
>> Forbidden
>
>> You don't have permission to access /o/authorize on this server.
>> Apache Server at sso.debian.org Port 443
>
>Someone else has reported this on IRC, but gone idle before I could get any
>details.  Maybe helpful if you can drop in one of the appropriate channels
>so we can debug this in realtime.

It's getting too late here for me to jump into IRC tonight, I'm
afraid. So here's as much detail as I can give by mail...

>I'm not able to reproduce the described problem.  Can you please give:
>
> - the URL of the page on summit.debconf.org that you followed the link from

Following a link from

  http://debconf14.debconf.org/registration.xhtml

, pointing at

   https://summit.debconf.org/debconf14/registration/

. That redirected to

  https://sso.debian.org/o/authorize?scope=openid+email+profile&state=WRVFSOMpGbT2Gsd0wBlSsZYqnnF5Tc1q&redirect_uri=https://summit.debconf.org/complete/debian-oauth2/&response_type=code&client_id=HUL=1jMcEEjGjYJecEI@xuJKF2N8i!LmVXpaeusm

which is the page with the 403.

> - the full URL of the link you were following
> - if you had failed login attempts before hitting the error, how many times
>   that happened before you got the Forbidden error (i.e., is this an
>   account lockout kind of thing)

I think it may well be that. I couldn't remember my SSO password
(maybe 2 attempts there), so went and changed it. I tried again with
the new password a couple of times (I'm guessing before settings had
synced somewhere?), and that's when I started getting the 403
page. I'm still seeing it now if I try again from the same browser
(iceweasel). Switching to chromium a little later, I was able to log
in successfully using the new SSO password.

>Sorry for the trouble.  It seems that DebConf registration is really finding
>the corner cases on the new SSO service.  Assuming the SSO team don't go on
>strike in protest, I'm sure we'll have it all sorted out before too much
>longer.

Hopefully... :-)

"Every time you use Tcl, God kills a kitten." -- Malcolm Ray