[Debconf-team] FFIS and the situation when the DebConf Verein should ever be closed

Folks,

German tax law requires us to nominate a tax-exempt entity to
receive all our assets in case the Verein shuts down. The entity
must itself be non-profit and its purpose should probably not
deviate from ours by too much.

Logically, FFIS should be the recipient, as it fulfills all the
criteria and already handles Debian money.

However, we won't be able to specify what FFIS must do with the
assets, i.e. we cannot just write "… funds which are earmarked for
the Debian project".

Nevertheless, if FFIS receives assets from a DebConf association, it
should be safe to assume that it won't make the money available to
!Debian, right?

Since we cannot codify this, is it safe to assume that everyone will
just behave when it comes to it?

Thoughts?

--
 .''`.   martin f. krafft <madduck@debconf.org>