Re: [Debconf-team] Contract term sheet for DC15 Heidelberg

also sprach Raphaël Walther <raphael@walther.im> [2014-04-20 22:19 +0200]:
> > However, since there is no risk (at least none apparent at this
> > time) and the contract could be cancelled until April 2015 without
> > any costs or losses, this seems acceptable, no?
>
> Nope, it seems too good to be true. Also, it is not what is
> written in the current terms sheet:
> "It remains to be seen what they offer in terms of full­scale cancellation."

They are actually the same, differently worded.

In the term sheet I was more careful, claiming that they will offer
something in terms of full­scale cancellation, so we should not jump
to conclusions.

In the e-mail, I wrote that nothing of that sort is known to me, and
since their normal terms & conditions allow for free-of-any-charge
cancellations 8 weeks ahead of time, I figure that if we forgo
exclusivity 4 months before the conference (meaning we fall back to
normal treatment like everyone else), we can also just cancel,
should we really need to.

However, this is all really hypothetical, and I suppose we don't
have to investigate this further. I am sure that the contract itself
is going to try to make this very clear, so we have to wait for the
draft.

--
 .''`.   martin f. krafft <madduck@debconf.org>
: :'  :  DebConf orga team