Re: [Debconf-team] Contract term sheet for DC15 Heidelberg

Hey,
On Sat, Apr 19, 2014 at 02:35:07PM +0200, Richard Hartmann wrote:
> as most of you will hopefully have some free time over the weekend, we
> would appreciate a review of the current state of our attached term sheet.
>
> You can also find an up-to-date version in debconf-team/dc15/venue.
>

> If at all possible, we would like to try and still aim for the date of May
> 3rd for signing the actual contract. If we miss that deadline, we will
> still retain our option for a few more weeks, but not for later than May.
> As such, we would like to keep up the pace if at all possible.

Thanks for the good work!

I am mostly writting about this section for DebConf:
"minimum 350 beds/nights, on average for 8 nights"

Here is my opinion:

It seems to high for me according to page 25 from
http://media.debconf.org/dc13/report/DebConf13-final-report.en.pdf
In short, since 2008 we have never reached 350 attendees arrived in total.
Not speaking about beds per night on average during DebConf here.

For information, we had 320 people arrived in total at DC13. I would be
interested to know how much it represents in term of nights in average during
DebConf only.

@hug, cate: Do you know where these figures are hidden?

BUT, there is an option to lose exclusivity of the Venue early in April 2015
which make the deal reasonable to me. It means we should open
registration early in January 2015 in order to have good numbers by end of March 2015.

As accepting this contract will generate most of the cost of DC15, I would be
happy to see a complete balanced budget for the event.

Cheers,
Raphaël