Re: [Debconf-team] DC15 fiscal year (was: DebConf 15 Legal Entity)

* martin f krafft (madduck@debconf.org) [140417 07:32]:
> My motivation for doing that was to avoid having a short fiscal year
> ("Rumpfgeschäftsjahr") in 2014, which would just mean having to file
> an additional annual return.

Tax excempt organizations do an three-year tax filing for the
statement of being tax excempt, which is relevant for all taxes which
have an relation to the business year[1]. And also there is no "tax
return" because you don't pay taxes, and none are removed from the
income (not counting sales taxes, but these are yearly anyways, so no
difference whatever you do). (And due to legal issues with sales
taxes, it would had been a good idea to found the legal entity in 2013
if you are going to pay sales taxes, as that would had avoided some
work.)

[1] For completness, financial authorities could require a yearly
filing, which is more than just unusual. However, if they want a it
yearly, they could require it for the first calendar year even if the
business year isn't complete, so it doesn't make a difference (or
probably even: a business year starting in the middle of a months
improves the probability tax authorities will give it a closer loo).

Andi