Re: [Debconf-team] Questions to the bid teams

On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 5:28 PM, Giacomo Catenazzi <cate@debian.org> wrote:
For all bids:

* Are there minimum dressing standards on venue / accommodation?

public nudity is not ok. other than that there are no real standards.
a shirt, some trousers/skirt/the likes and with or without shoes is fine.

* how are the venue/accommodation flexible with the number of attendees?
(is April OK? BTW June is better)

venue can not be used during semester - available from first week in june until about last week in august as rule of thumb. we propose mid august.
accomodation would be in regular hotel or hostels and we should avoid the main tourist season to help them about - thus july and first week in august is offlimits.

* Security: how do you feel leaving computer unattended? (especially if
we share venue with others) are there some alternatives? (hacklab with
strict access control, lockers, etc.)

Leaving a computer for a forsseable time should be ok at the main venue. The standard is to have all outer doors locked and require a key card - I would suggest that we try to have the doors open during daytime and require key cards during night time.

--
brother, for Karlskrona, Sweden