Re: [Debconf-team] DC14 C&W venue status

Gerald Turner dijo [Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 07:14:29PM -0800]:
> I'm on the local team and have been tasked with finding a venue for the
> Cheese and Wine party, with guidance from Gunnar Wolf.  I thought I'd
> give a status of what I've found before the IRC meeting tomorrow.

Thanks for summing up the points and bringing them up for discussion here!

> (...)
> According to Gunnar, the 9PM curfew is a major problem as the C&W
> usually *begin* around 7-8PM.  I believe having the party indoors is the
> only way to overcome this limitation.  I'm curious about DC10 C&W —
> Indoors? Or outdoors and penalized by draconian US alcohol and crowd
> laws? :P

Right - I think that finishing at 9PM is a no-go. In DC10, we had it
in a largish set of halls inside the university (as we also did in
DC11). It's usually much nicer to have it in an open-air setting, but
if not possible, I guess an indoor location with the possibility to
stay there late is better than an early curfew.