Re: [Debconf-team] DebConf14 Dates And Upcoming Decisions

On Tue, Oct 01, 2013 at 11:08:53PM +0200, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:

> An option could be to organise a few focused sprints in Portland just
> before DebConf. Given that it's a good way to minimize travel costs,
> It's reasonable to assume that our next DPL would welcome the idea.

> It would be great if at some point someone local could provide a few
> directions for that (e.g. recommend a hotel with suitable meeting
> rooms).

I'd be happy to gather a few hotel recommendations - the first I can point
at is University Place Hotel [0], which was our "backup" venue - it's right
across the street from Portland State University, and often hosts
conferences.  I might be able to talk to the PSU comp sci department and get
them to "host" these sprints, which could help get a discounted rate through
the hotel as well.

Let me know when you need details ironed out, and I'm happy to get the
quotes in place. Naturally, the further out this is planned, the more likely
you're going to be accommodated as you wish. The closer we get to the
conference dates, the harder (read: perhaps impossible) it's going to be to
get the rooms and meeting places arranged.

Thanks,
Patty

[0] http://www.uplacehotel.com

Patty Langasek
harmoney@dodds.net

At times, you may end up far away from home; you may not be
sure of where you belong, anymore. But home is always
there... because home is not a place. It's wherever your
passion takes you.
                                --- J. Michael Straczynski