Re: [Debconf-team] DebConf14 Dates And Upcoming Decisions

On Tue, Oct 01, 2013 at 12:59:04PM -0600, Norman García Aguilar wrote:
> > In fact, wiki.debconf.org seems like a nice place to record such things. ;)
> > I've created a blank page with some open questions; I would appreciate it if
> > those who have experience running the DebConf network would help fill it
> > out.

> >    https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/Requirements/Network

> Video Team has something in a wiki page [0] can be useful to know what
> video team needs.

Thanks, I've cross-linked these pages.

> I checked the DebConf Manual [1] but there is nothing about the Network.

Oh!  Wow, thank you.  I knew that there had been past efforts to try to
improve institutional documentation in the wiki, but apparently I didn't
know where it was or that it was this extensive.  Even though I now see that
it's in the sidebar of every page, it's rather far down the sidebar and the
name never grabbed my attention.  I wonder if we could do something to
improve the navigation to make this more obvious?  Would it be reasonable to
include a link to the manual on the wiki's main page?

> Right, DebCamp is not about DebConf setup, as it is in the debian wiki[2],
> is about hacking, so IMHO it would be really great to have DebCamp as
> usual :)

> [2] https://wiki.debian.org/DebCamp

Per my mail, having "DebCamp as usual" is not an option; the space is not
available to us for a full week.  And *because* DebCamp is about hacking, I
don't think it should be exclusive to those who can take two weeks off for
DebConf+DebCamp; hack time should be part of the experience for all DebConf
attendees.  Do you have any feedback on my proposed schedule for DC14?

Thanks,