[Debconf-team] DC14: parallel activities for families with kids

Hello,

  I would be interested to help on planning parallel activities for
families with kids, so it is possible to ease Debian Developers attend
conference while their families keep entertained. Of course, this is
not a goal for DebConf, and maybe a plan should be proposed and a
guideline posted for families to optionally follow prepared activities
at wish.

  This was not a reality during DC13 because venue restrictions, it
was not easy to accomodate Debian fellows, and having family around
was making it harder. During DC14 presentation at Vaumarcus, there
were references to some great sites (Zoo, museum, river side walks,
...) that could allow for great activities. I would like to ask people
in local team, they they envision any kind of trouble for DebConf kids
to happen, on regard of hosting, foods, etc...

  I assume the following applies to families and kids:
  * Relatives must not apply for travel sponsorship
  * Relatives must not apply for hosting/food sponsorship (or at least
they shall pay standard fees)
  * Any related activities with kids must not interfere on DebConf
planning, or cause any kind of overhead for people just interested on
DebConf.
  * Kids activities shall be planned, at least, during conference
talks and presentations, after those, parents or relatives are
responsible for their own children.
  * Extra fees might apply (extra insurances, visits, hiring child
care responsible people)

 PS/ I am likely leaving ton of things to be discussed behind, just
tossing this quick email to check whether more people is interested or
if I shall work on my own planning. Also, it would be good if someone
from local team could help prepare such activities with interested
people.

Regards,
--