Re: [Debconf-team] [Debconf-discuss] Swiss power connector

On Wednesday 07 August 2013 18.30:45 Ben Hutchings wrote:

> On Wed, 2013-08-07 at 09:21 -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:

> [...]

> > What's the best way to get these adapters? Most DebConf attendees will

> > need them - either individual adapters, or power strips with the right

> > plug type. Would it be possible for someone local to source a number of

> > these - preferably at a better price than we will individually find them

> > at the airport - and either sell them to attendees, or get this approved

> > into the DebConf budget? It doesn't make sense to me to make each

> > attendee spend ~8CHF/person on adapters when the problem can probably be

> > solved centrally for half that.

> There is a plan to buy a large number of Swiss plugs (not adapters)

> which can then be wired onto power strips. I don't know any more detail

> than that.

> Ben.

Maybe just some power cords with standard plugs could com in handy?

Swiss plug on one side and the plug for the power brick on the other?

I think it's something like that:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEC_60320

Looks like C7 on my lenovo power brick and C5 on my samsung. Check on the laptop power supplies, if it's pretty standard, maybe that could help?