[Debconf-team] Day trip polling

Hi,

During today's meeting, I was pushed to volunteer to run a poll as to
what to do WRT the daytrip. For context, please take a look at the
discussion starting at:

http://meetbot.debian.net/debconf-team/2013/debconf-team.2013-07-23-18.01.log.html#l-189

And try not to let your brain bleed too much.

Anyway, I cannot come up with a way to set up a simplish online poll
and capture the sentiment. The main issue at hand is:

- The budget allocates CHF17,400 for daytrip and CHF10,440 for
  conference dinner

- OdyX's and rafw's proposal lead to a cheaper daytrip and a more
  expensive conference dinner, summing up roughly the same amount

- *My* opinion is that, being both our typical "outside", social
  activities, there should be no conflict on one of them "lending"
  money from the other — It does not disbalance the budget.

- At some point, the issue of attendees having to pay between CHF7 and
  CHF13.50 for the non-hiking activities was also brought up. I think
  this should be debated separately, but it was part of the
  discussion. DebConf would provide for the attendees' transportation
  to the places and lunch for the day, but the attendees would pay the
  entrance to the museum, mine or distillery.

- *I feel* that, during the meeting, it was mainly Steve opposing this
  idea. Some more people were concerned that a dinner-on-a-boat could
  be akin to burning Debian's funds in luxury — although (again, my
  opinion is that) a nice, different conference dinner is a *very*
  important part of what the attendees take back home and remember for
  a long time. It is, for me, an important part of the conference, and
  being the alternative just having "a better dinner" at the usual
  place (LeCamp), I would instead scrap the conference dinner as
  something quite avoidable.

- OdyX and rafw denied (and quite rightfully) the responsability to
  "do whatever they felt right", that was about to fall on their shoulders.

- We are time-pressed. The service providers will probably be booked
  if we don't hurry this decision. OdyX insisted on the matter to be
  solved no latter than 36h.

*ANYWAY*, going through this and producing an ordered argument helped
me understand the mess. So, *please*, everybody that
thinks-of-themselves-as-part-of-the-organization-team:

‣ I will now send *two* mails — This one, and an almost-empty one.

‣ Answer to the *other* mail (not this one) by prepending a [YES] or
  [NO] to the subject

  ‣ If it makes you feel closer to the Debian Way™, repeat your vote
    in the message body and sign it. No, I'm not setting up a
    Condorcet Devotee infrastructure. And I won't go checking if you
    cheated by voting apocryphously.

‣ If you want to argue about any of the points, answer to *this*
  mail. Try not to circle-reason.

‣ The poll should be considered closed 36h after the meeting finished
  (that is, Thursday at 07:30 UTC).

‣ If the majority of the respondents answered [YES], rafw and OdyX
  will proceed as planned. If not, we shall default to "Further
  discussion".

‣ *sigh*.