Re: [Debconf-team] Day Trip - please comment

Le lundi, 22 juillet 2013 12.12:11, Gaudenz Steinlin a écrit :
> Hi
>
> Didier 'OdyX' Raboud <odyx@debian.org> writes:
> > Le samedi, 20 juillet 2013 14.38:13, Christian PERRIER a écrit :
> >> Quoting Raphaël Walther (raphael.walther@gmail.com):
> >>
> >> Checking on the map : is what you call "Soliat", the "Ferme du
> >> Soliat", altitude 1382m, at the end of an unpaved road, close to
> >> the top of the Creux du Van cliffs, and close to the "Soliat"
> >> moutain top
> >> (alt. 1463)?
> >
> > Exactly. Swiss coordinates CH1903+: 2544654 198632, aka [0].
> >
> > As for the itinerary, I suggest to check wanderland.ch, which has
> > all hiking paths for Switzerland, which are in turn very-well
> > indicated on- site. I've traced one possible itinerary for you,
> > [1]. It counts 4h51 for normal hikers, 940m of positive altitude
> > diff and 17km flat. Add pauses to that and it makes a quite
> > serious walk (but one I'd enjoy
> >
> > :-).
>
> In my opinion this hike is too much for the "regular DebConf hiker".
> I would not expect more than about 20 people to do this.
>
> While I agree that it's indeed a very nice hike and expect some
> people to actually do this hike, I think we should also offer a less
> strenuous option like the "Gorges de l'Areuse" from Boudry to Champs
> du Moulin.

Sure. What I like from this hike is that it actually ends up with the
rest of the crowd. Other possibilities with that criteria satisfied
include:

- From "Les Rochat" to Soliat: 2h20, 350m uphill.
- From "St-Aubin" to Soliat, 3h40, 1040m uphill.
- From "Couvet" to Soliat, 3h10, 600m uphill.

(All three need some coaches transportation, Couvet being the farest,
but also the one going to the Asphalt mine AFAIK).

The other possibility is doing that trip in the afternoon, downhill from
Creux-du-Van:

- From Creux-du-Van to Creux-du-Moulin; 2h10, 800m downhill
- From Creux-du-Van to Boudry; 3h45, 1100m downhill
- From Noiraigue to Boudry through Gorges de l'Areuse; 2h45, 400m
downhill

I think we should really think in terms of avoiding empty coaches moves,
so going from or to places that are otherwise used for non-hiking
attendees is worthwhile IMHO.

Cheers,

OdyX