Re: [Debconf-team] Network at Le Camp and a few questions to those who previously did the network at DebConf

Gaudenz Steinlin <gaudenz@debian.org> writes:
> [...]
>

>> So another set of questions to the team members who handled network at
>> previous Debconfs:
>>
>> * Who brought the WiFi access points in the past? Can those devices
>>   (or others) be brought again, too, to extend the existing
>>   WiFi infrastructure?
>
> The wifi hardware list for DC12 is in the wiki [1]. I think the 8
> Buffalo WR-G54 devices were left in Nicaragua as a donation and the
> other Buffalo was a private device of network team member. But the
> TP-Link devices should be with the videoteam stuff. Can someone confirm
> this?

Four of the TP-links were mine -- one of them was flaky, and got swapped
out after causing sufficient grief in the machine room (IIRC), two of
the remaining three are now in use, so only the last one remains for me to
bring along this time I'm afraid.

There were a few others around though.

I suppose I could buy some more, but really debconf should probably just
buy some -- they are pretty cheap -- unless anyone has contacts at
TP-link and can rustle up some freebies as sponsorship.

FYI in .ni they were mostly used as gigabit routers for the video lan,
rather than for wifi.  Wifi was almost all done with Buffalos.

Cheers, Phil.