Re: [Debconf-team] Urgent: Dishwashing & Cleaning

Hi

Brian Gupta <brian.gupta@brandorr.com> writes:
> That said, it does seem the hourly rates quoted seem high for the
> nature of the work, so it would probably be worth exploring lower cost
> options, but in the end, I think we really should be looking at not
> having Developers missing sessions to wash dishes.

I can assure you that for Swiss prices the rates quoted are on the
lowest end of what's possible. I'm sure this won't get cheaper.

It also seems clear to me that we need 2 shifts of people. We can't
expect them to stay for 10 hours a day at this price. Maybe the time
estimates of Le Camp (2h after each meal for 3-4 persons) are a bit high
because they are probably based on young adults. But even 3 very
efficent paid students won't be magically faster. With paying only 3
persons instead of 4 we are already on the lower end of Le Camp's
estimate. So I'd trust Le Camp to know best how much time it takes to do
this.

I have not yet made my mind about wheter this should be done by paid
students or volunteers. I see benefits both ways. But if we are going to
discuss this, please accept that we can't further cut on the cost for
the paid version and that it really takes the time we estimate. Not
accepting this just leads to a decision that won't work when confronted
with reality.

Gaudenz

--
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter.