Re: [Debconf-team] Urgent: Dishwashing & Cleaning

On Mon, 08 Jul 2013 11:18:10 -0700, Patty Langasek wrote:

<random participant's voice>

> This was part of a long debate - unless we have enough volunteers dedicated
> to handling this, or people who will take responsibility in the event that
> the volunteers ... choose not to complete this task, it's unreasonable to
> expect that this will just get done.

I consider it totally reasonable to strongly ask (at least sponsored)
participants to sign up for 1-2 shifts of dishwashing, and I'd
suggest to do this during registration: "Here's your name badge, your
room is over there, and please add your name on the list here for one
or two shifts of dishwashing."

Personally I'm happy to participate in one shift per week as a
compensation for getting free food and accomodation for 13 days, and
with a ghetto blaster with funky music and some $drinks in the
kitchen this can even be fun for the 2 hours it takes, IMO.

> What this means is that for those volunteer hours, they will be dedicating
> an hour or so after each meal to duties that should have been (and aren't,
> so we're trying to cover it) included with catering.

Well, to me it was always clear that we have to do this dishwashing
ourselves at LeCamp.

</>

Cheers,
gregor