Re: [Debconf-team] Traveling information: Train via Germany use "Europa-Spezial Schweiz"

Hi Daniel,

On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 11:00:55AM +0200, Daniel Pocock wrote:
> On 14/05/13 17:37, Andreas Tille wrote:
> > Remark:  I have found one connection from my place which only costs
> > 39.00 for one way but it lasts three hours longer and includes changing
> > trains 10 times.
> >
> Just out of interest, how much do you pay just for a ticket to the Swiss
> border and back?

There is no such thing like "border and back" if you by the "Europa
Spezial" ticket so I can not answer this question.

> While there is no detail confirmed about the day trip, people buying
> multi-day rail passes would presumably use them to and from the border
> and on the day trip as well
>
> The regional pass for "Lake Geneva - Alps" is a typical example but
> doesn't stretch to the German border:
>
> http://www.myswitzerland.com/en/regional-pass-lake-geneva-alps-en.html
>   (adult, 130 CHF, 7 days)
>
> but for somebody coming from France, assuming that half the price of
> that ticket is used for the day trip, and the other half is paying for
> arrival/departure, they are paying about 33 CHF each way from the border
> to Yverdon.

Feel free to put this information at

   https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf13/Travel/Train

Kind regards