Re: [Debconf-team] Traveling information: Train via Germany use "Europa-Spezial Schweiz"

On 14/05/13 17:37, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I promised to give some detailed information. Do we collect such stuff
> somewhere in the Wiki which fits better than this list?
>
>   From *any* railway station in Germany to Yverdon-les-Bains using
>   "Europa-Spezial Schweiz" + Bahncard 25:  44.20 per direction.
>   You also buy Probebahncard 25[1] for 25.00
>
>   So the whole return trip is: 113.40.
>
> I have also tickets for my bicycle for additional 5.00 per direction.
> You need to buy reservation card for the bicycle *very* fast to be sure
> that space is available.
>
> Remark:  I have found one connection from my place which only costs
> 39.00 for one way but it lasts three hours longer and includes changing
> trains 10 times.

Just out of interest, how much do you pay just for a ticket to the Swiss
border and back?

While there is no detail confirmed about the day trip, people buying
multi-day rail passes would presumably use them to and from the border
and on the day trip as well

The regional pass for "Lake Geneva - Alps" is a typical example but
doesn't stretch to the German border:

http://www.myswitzerland.com/en/regional-pass-lake-geneva-alps-en.html
  (adult, 130 CHF, 7 days)

but for somebody coming from France, assuming that half the price of
that ticket is used for the day trip, and the other half is paying for
arrival/departure, they are paying about 33 CHF each way from the border
to Yverdon.