Re: [Debconf-team] Power supply at Le Camp

Hi Raphaël,

Le samedi, 4 mai 2013 18.03:36, Raphaël Walther a écrit :
> Well, in our contract it is written that we must check with Romande
> Energie that Le Camp power supply will support our intense use.
>
> As far as I know this hasn't been done yet. Also, it might be an
> occasion for us to convert them to sponsorship :)

Indeed.

> The only information I have in the contract is the limit of 160
> Ampere.

We did the calculation in one of our past meetings, but let's redo it here,
over-estimating all values:

350 persons using 100W all the time (which is quite a lot already): 35kW
Over 230 V: 35k/220: 152.2 Amperes.

The thing we don't know is whether it's 160A for the three phases, or 160A
each.

> I'd like to make sure that we have enough energy there before the first
> day of the conference.

Good plan, indeed. :)

> Unless somebody else want to do it, I will call Romande Energy on Monday
> to check that everything is fine.

Yeah, please do. It would be useful to know from them
a) if it would be possible to increase the power limit at Le Camps's entry
point (I'm almost sure not, but never know);
b) what tools they could provide us to detect problems early (live consumption
value)?
c) What is the global Amperes limit (160A on three phases, or 160A on each
phase) ?

Cheers,

OdyX