Re: [Debconf-team] Why do we have two lists for debconf-team ?

Hi,

On Sun Nov 03, 2013 at 21:45:58 +0100, Raphaël Walther wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I don't think it is good for us to have two lists serving the same purpose. I
> don't remember exactly what was the idea behind creating a separate list but
> I'd suggest to drop one of them.

debconf14-team is the local team list, that was created at a time where
there debconf-team was still used for planing and organizing DebConf13
(read as in month before DebConf13 took place).

I find it quite usefull to have that team list on a seperate list to not
confuse organizers (eg. talking about a daytrip for DC14 will certainly
confuse you on the normal team list when the DC13 organizers are still
talking about the DC13 daytrip...)

Hope that helps for explaination.

Cheers,
Martin
--
 Martin Zobel-Helas <zobel@debian.org>    Debian System Administrator
 Debian & GNU/Linux Developer                       Debian Listmaster