Re: [Debconf-team] Proposal for sponsorship levels (and registration fees) for DC14

On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 10:21 PM, Patty Langasek <harmoney@dodds.net> wrote:

> I feel that the bags are a benefit to the conference, and bags are widely
> given at "professional" conferences across many different industries.

Correct. And for good reason also; it's useful for attendees and it
allows a decoupling of the time it takes to sort and arrange the swag
from actually handing it out. That should make front desk's life
easier.

As an aside, LinuxCon EU had separate front desk and swag desk. That
way, it was decoupled even more.

> Bearing in mind, "bags" can be anything from plastic bags (well, probably
> not in Portland.  Yuck.) to the light-weight totes that we had at DC10
> (which are pretty popular in this area atm) to small little over the
> shoulder affairs like what we had at DC4 to actual messenger bags like
> DC13's. So, there's a wide variety, and deciding *if* we want a bag is
> probably more necessitated by deciding *what kind of bag* we want.

>From a practical POV, tote bags will probably have the highest chance
of actually being used after the conference. I don't know anyone who
actually uses conference-provided messenger bags. Does anyone else?

Richard

PS: As DebConf13 had other t-shirts around as well: LinuxCon folded
the two shirts that were given away into each other in matching sizes.
That allowed them to hand out two shirts in one go.